RL Nav Bar Home outlines RL Nav Bar About, outlines Photobucket

Monday, March 29, 2010

Flea Finds

I was introduced to a new (to me) antique mall in our area. Holy moly. We're talking huge warehouse antique mall. It was so much fun to meander through the aisles, dreaming, laughing, and maybe mocking a wee bit, the treasures in that building. My mom came with me and we found the perfect telephone table for her entry but it was deemed too big for her house. Sad. I have no idea why I didn't get a picture of it. Silly me. It could have something to do with the sweet toddler that fussed at me when I stopped pushing the stroller. Just maybe.

I did manage a few pictures of some of my favorite pieces.

Can't you just imagine this in another color? If it weren't for the price tag, it would have come home with me and ended up a distressed white, or maybe a citron green. I can't help myself.
The legs on this one were so fantastic. Again, price tag, but oh how pretty it would have been distressed white with gray undertones. Dream...

And, lo and behold, my dream piece of furniture. If it's possible, I think my mother drooled over it even more than I did. We snapped out of it once we saw the $1300 (!!) price tag. I don't think I would have touched the finish on this one. Surprised? It's just perfect as is. I love, love the dark tones and all the natural wear and tear on the edges. All those tiny little drawers. Can you imagine how many sewing notions and ribbons and every other delight could have a home in this beauty?!
But back to reality. This little baby was more reasonable, but it still didn't find a home with us. Why? Because my precious friend, Kera, ran into us while we were there and when she heard how in love with the apothecary dresser we were, offered to give us an old antique card catalog she had wasting away in a forgotten upstairs room. I almost had to peel my librarian mother off the floor.

She's delivering it to me today and I cannot wait to see what it looks like. It will live at my mom's house (until she goes out of town and it manages to run away to my house somehow) so any changes in its finish are still up in the air. The possbilities are endless. I almost can't stand the anticipation!! I'll post a picture of it this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read each and every comment! Thank you for stopping by!