RL Nav Bar Home outlines RL Nav Bar About, outlines Photobucket

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas at our place

Christmas decorating is very low-key at our place this year. I'm not a santa-decoration-on-every-shelf kind of girl, but I still like home to feel festive. Even still, I've noticed there's less decoration around here than normal. Most decorations just felt like clutter this year, for some reason. I've noticed a lot of other bloggers saying the same thing. Can you relate?

Here's a peek at what we are enjoying this year at our place...

My son and I made this Elmo ornament together using Kojo Design's great tutorial. Thanks for the idea, Kojo! He loves seeing Elmo on the tree!
Easy peasy centerpiece I used for a Christmas dinner we hosted, using ornaments from last year's after-Christmas sales.
I know most of the commercialized use of Believe around Christmas is talking about Santa and all the fun that surrounds that part of Christmas, but for me, I love having this hanging in the center of our living room from our tv console, because it reminds me of my belief in Jesus Christ. He's the central focus of Christmas for us, for always.
So what about you? Did you go all out this year, or did you simplify your decorating traditions?


Linking to:

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful!I enjoyed my visit to your blog. Wishing you happiness, Katherine
    P.S. I'm having a giveaway please stop by and enter :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've simplified a lot this year too. Just being lazy I guess. : ) We also will be traveling for Christmas so I didn't see the need to go all out when we wouldn't be here to enjoy it all. I love the bird house idea. I will have to try to remember that for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it, all of it!
    if you have a chance, we'd love it if you'd add a picture of the elmo ornament to our flickr group-
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/kojodesigns/

    happy new year!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each and every comment! Thank you for stopping by!