Monday, January 24, 2011

Thrifting Jack Pot

For years I have had my eye on beautiful accent chairs. You know, the kind with fancy upholstery and carved wood frames. But every time I found one, the price tag would be different...$165...$135...$225...even $300+...but always out of my price range.

Then one beautiful day on Craigslist, I spotted this treasure and immediately made an offer ($20 lower than the asking price, 'cause I bargain like that).

After some negotiating, I picked her up and brought her home for the much more affordable $40!! It had lived in a formal living room in a gigantic house and I don't think anyone had ever sat on it.

Raised velvet, glazed legs, double welt cording...so, so beautiful.

I don't know where she'll live permanently, but for now she sits in our constantly used living room. Poor fancy chair. From a life of leisure to a ramp for my son's train set. She probably never saw it coming.

I did some digging on the internet and found this exact chair for sale at JCPenney's for $399!!! Pretty decent day of thrifting, I'd say!

What thrifty finds have you scored lately?

7 comments:

  1. What a fabulous find! I'm having chair envy. ;) ~ Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I too love a fancy comfy beautiful chair! You did very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am regular reader, how are you everybody? This piece of writing posted at this web site is
    really pleasant.
    Also visit my website : backup camera

    ReplyDelete

  4. http://www.robinetsale.com/ attirent beaucoup depuis ses couleurs vives pour les faire appara?tre hors de l'ordinaire, mais ils ont aussi une fonction robinetterie cuisine. Ce produit a un capteur de température, le flux de différentes couleurs selon qu'elle est trop chaud ou trop robinet LED. Par conséquent, l'eau ordinaire en un flux riche et coloré attrayant, tout en s'assurant que l'utilisateur n'a pas besoin de toucher l'eau, trouver sa température. Dans des circonstances Accessoires de salle, l'eau devient bleue, elle est froide et rouge si elle est chaude, ce qui fait assez petit pour les enfants de comprendre sa intuitive. Certains mitigeur douche avec d'autres couleurs ainsi, comme le vert, lorsque la Robinetterie Vasque est très froide, et l'eau besoin de piles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A man of taste quality of life is high, especially bathroom design often can reflect a person's quality of life.Waterfall taps are a stylish way to make a statement in your bathroom, and are becoming increasingly popular and very affordable. http://www.plumpinguk.co.uk/kitchen-taps/wall-mounted-taps.html.It will make your life more refineddand we have created a lot of artistic products of"stylish personality and quality life".

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you’re ready to unwind after a long day, there’s nothing as relaxing as lying back and soaking in the tub. When you’re ready to fill up the tub, you’ll want it done properly and in style. http://www.findtaps.co.uk/68-bathtub-taps

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each and every comment! Thank you for stopping by!