RL Nav Bar Home outlines RL Nav Bar About, outlines Photobucket

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Transforming a Monogram Accent Piece (on the cheap)

We've been doing some major room -- make that entire house -- renovation this month. Wall colors, furniture placement - everything was up for grabs. It looks so much better and I'll share the after photos with you soon.

Until then, here's a quick and easy accent piece you can make for under $5.

I picked up a shiny metallic initial from Hobby Lobby (1/2 off, of course).








































































































































































I sanded her down so she would take paint well. FYI - those letters, they don't like to be sanded. Gold glitter was everywhere. But a quick wipe down with a damp cloth, a few coats from a Behr sample that may or may not be my new favorite kitchen wall color ever (wait and see!) and...


She turned out so pretty, don't ya think? I didn't use a clear coat because I liked the matte finish of the flat sample paint. You can see a sneak peek of my new living room in this photo. Such a transformation; I'm so happy with the results!


Come back soon to see the after photos, paint names, and some vignette inspiration.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I already have the right color, but what I love is your placement on the wall between the shelves. I was working on a collage wall and had the shelves on either end of the pics. I'm going to have to try putting them together with our initial!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each and every comment! Thank you for stopping by!