RL Nav Bar Home outlines RL Nav Bar About, outlines Photobucket

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Ikat? I'd rather not.

Ikat is everywhere. Everywhere. Haven't heard? Then read this, this and this. You've probably seen it in stores. You may even have some in your home right now...

It's all the rage right now. And I get it. It is pretty. But for some reason, it's just not my thing.


via

But I've been thinking about my ikat aversion and I've decided it's because it reminds me of southwestern inspired styles (again, beautiful in their own right, just not my thing):


Obviously, there's nothing wrong with southwestern inspired art or design. It has its place. Just not in my house.


I blame it on growing up so close to New Mexico. Maybe I was overexposed to (again, beautiful) southwestern design and that's why I'm so over it?

What do you think? Ikat - do you love it or hate it?

4 comments:

  1. not into it. and I grew up in new mexico. I think me being not into it is because of the southwestern vibe too! :)
    glad I'm not the only one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. I agree that it looks too similar to Southwest. In my husband's bachelor days, he had an awful southwest sofa w/ built-in recliners. When we got married, I gladly offered it to his poor college student cousin.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each and every comment! Thank you for stopping by!