RL Nav Bar Home outlines RL Nav Bar About, outlines Photobucket

Monday, May 2, 2011

Melt-In-Your-Mouth Basil Bread

Go plant basil right now. I mean it. Because the longer you wait to plant, the longer you'll have to wait to eat this bread.

You saw the pictures of my sweet basil harvest. Honestly, other than pasta sauce I really didn't know what to do with it. I left it alone for a day or two out of indecision until I finally put together this Basil Herb Spread. And you've just got to try it!

Basil Herb Spread
4 T butter
1 t parsley, chopped
1 T sweet basil, minced
1 clove garlic
pinch of salt and pepper

Combine the ingredients and spread on 1" slices of thick bread.

Slather it on, ladies. This is butter and bread we're talking about here. Now is not the time for calorie counting.

Broil for 2-3 minutes. No need to set a timer. Before it dings everyone in your house will be huddled around the oven door. It smells absolutely incredible.

My parsley is finally starting to peek through the soil. I can't wait to try this recipe again with parsley straight from the garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read each and every comment! Thank you for stopping by!