RL Nav Bar Home outlines RL Nav Bar About, outlines Photobucket

Saturday, May 21, 2011

My Little (BIG) Backyard Garden

I am floored by how quickly my garden has grown! Here's a picture of what it looks like today:

And what it looked like the day I planted - just SIX WEEKS ago!

I'm thrilled. To be honest, I kind of figured it was a toss up whether or not anything would take hold. But look at these beauties:


Squash blossoms!


We've only had one hiccup, which was an infestation of spider mites that devoured one whole spinach plant and part of my basil. A home remedy of 2 quarts water mixed with 1 T vegetable oil and a few drops of dish detergent sprayed at dusk seems to have cleared it up though. {fingers crossed} The bugs were annoying, but my 2 year-old has had an absolute blast getting to take a spray bottle to the garden every evening!

Have you planted yet? It's not too late! And don't forget to plant sweet basil so you can try this recipe!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your garden! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A garden looking like that! Wow! We SO don't have your climate here n New Brunswick, Canada!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each and every comment! Thank you for stopping by!