RL Nav Bar Home outlines RL Nav Bar About, outlines Photobucket

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Quick Fix: Hemming Dilemma

I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but I have to say, Pinterest has brought me the most incredible ideas. This week it gave me the inspiration necessary to fix a pair of beautiful, comfy pants I've loved but haven't been able to wear.

These pants are super cute on, and the perfect color and fit. Except for one thing: they're made for Amazon women. 

You can see in the picture below on my right leg how drastically long they are. A few years ago my husband and I ran across this matching set (it comes with a zip up jacket) at a decor store (of all places!) for $12. Now I know why they were so cheap...no one is tall enough to wear these pants!


But armed with a tutorial from Pinterest (find it here), I took them on. I added an extra seam to my version so they looked more like a cuff. Admittedly, it wasn't on purpose, but I like the end result just the same.

Once I got started on these, I was on a sewing roll and fixed everything in my mending pile. I even performed stuffed animal surgery on a toy my son adores. It's such a relief to add those clothes (minus their tears, rips and too-long hems) back into our daily rotation.

What's holding you back from attacking your to-do pile today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read each and every comment! Thank you for stopping by!