RL Nav Bar Home outlines RL Nav Bar About, outlines Photobucket

Thursday, November 3, 2011

We try not to attack dinner guests

Aren't these resin squares fantastic? I bought these lovelies at a garage sale ages ago, but even though they were beautiful, I hadn't the slightest idea where I should hang them. When I showed them to my friend Laura, she audibly gasped because she knew exactly where they should go the instant she saw them. It's good to have friends like that.


But hanging them on the attached hook wouldn't work because I have to make everything more difficult they looked better on the diagonal. My first attempt was a Command Velcro adhesive. This worked great until we had a house full of people, of course. Some of our dinner guests sat on the couch beneath where they were hanging and immediately two of them fell down, knocking the shelf beneath it off of the wall and onto our guests. It seriously looked like a planned attack. It could have been really embarrassing if a grown man hadn't screamed like a girl when it all came crashing down. 

I knew I needed a hook of some sort, but drilling into irreplaceable resin made me a little nervous. So I decided to give the coke tab trick a whirl. I've seen others try this with hot glue, but after our dinner guest attack, I decided to go with the more permanent super glue. 


And I'm happy to report that no more dinner guests have been harmed since we made the switch.


A muti-level vignette is something I have wanted for our massive, gigantic, blank living room wall since the day we moved in, but it took some coaching from a talented friend to make it happen. You can read more about my learning curve with vignettes and the tips I learned from a decor-minded friend for creating eye-catching vignettes here.

1 comment:

  1. Very pleased to find this site. Thanks for taking the time to share this.
    roofer Aledo TX

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each and every comment! Thank you for stopping by!